Skip to main content

How Comfortable Would You Want Your Shoes To Be?


I have this habit of buying oversized shoes. This is not because I like them big but because I want to be comfortable walking around in my shoes.  A size below is usually way too tight, the right size is good but it still hurt my toes and a size bigger is just too big. I rarely wear high heeled shoes, only on special occasions and for the same reason -comfort on my feet. 

I didn't realize how ugly I looked on my feet till my friends brought my attention to it, they always said my feet looked like they were running away from me because they are way too long or they would say if someone saw me coming from a distance, they would first see my feet before they saw me. The funny thing is that I only buy shoes a size bigger than my original size why would I be looking that ridiculous then? 
 
One day, I bought a shoe exactly my size. I didn't buy it because I felt like turning a new leaf but because I loved the design and they didn't have a bigger size. When I first wore it, my friends were full of praise for this pair of shoe. They said it was the best shoe I had probably bought in my life but the funny thing was that although I enjoyed the nice things they said, my feet were killing me.
With time, I got to adjust into these shoes and my feet began to hurt less. 

I think it's kinda the same thing in life. The need for instant comfort could make one look really weird even while being comfortable. Maybe being uncomfortable could be part of looking good. What if the discomfort doesn't ease of with time, would you rather get used to the discomfort in order to put up appearances or would you rather get the hell out of that uncomfortable situation to enjoy your comfortable but weird life?
Does this comfortable and uncomfortable theory(for what of a better word) appeal in just some aspects of life and in what aspects do we want to be uncomfortable to look good?  

I got to realize  that I was no longer comfortable wearing those shoes that were bigger than my size and some of them began to have this demarcation between where my toes stopped in the shoes and where the rest of the shoe continued, making the shoes look even uglier.


Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below, I would really want to know how comfortable you would want your shoes to be. 

Comments

  1. You're right. Comfort is more a state of MIND than a state of BEING. You loved your oversized shoes, but then you love the compliments you get from the less-comfy ones. I love shoes my size but not because the bigger ones look awkward (I don't know how to care about people's opinions).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first consideration is usually the satisfaction I get from wearing the shoe and I always like my shoes exactly my size, not too big and not too small. My appearance matters to me first and getting admiration from others is equally important to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back Then When....

Ok, so I'm gisting with my roommate and we are discussing the silly things we did as teenagers.  Remember when you were busy making midnight calls to one boy that year, when you were sneaking around at night like a rat looking for a comfortable place for the call. I particularly remember how many times my mum seized my phone just because the noise from my laugher at night was so loud. If I tell you say I still remember the name of the boy I was talking to then, you know say I dey lie. That time you would willingly volunteer to fetch water so that you can have the time to meet your secret boyfriend and chat a little. If he buys something for you, you would also sneak into the house and then share it with your favorite sibling because if you give others they might tell on you. I remember how many times the food I was cooking got burnt simply because I was on 2go and my papa no dey hear that kind talk o, he would always deduct the estimated price of the kerosene spent on the b

The Real Position of Women

                   The Real Position of Women Often times, this has been a regular debate amongst people. Where should a woman be placed in the society. Some people say she should be below the man since he is her superior and of course the "weaker vessel ". This idea is particular to the "old schools " as the case may be, those that are traditional in thinking.  Others think women should be placed on the same level with the man, hence the feminist movement. They think women should enjoy the same privileges as men do so there should not be any discrimination on the grounds of sex. This idea is particular to people who claim to be " modern ", they believe time changes everything and it's best if we change with time. Come to think of it. The world has been in a state of unrest because women do not really understand where they are placed, but to me, I think a woman is as flexible as anything flexible. She is places herself anywhere she fits into in ord

加油!!

                                            加油- pronounced as "Jia you " a Chinese word which translates as "add oil " but literally means "more grease (to your elbow) " , is a word used to give encouragement to people dealing with challenges.       Living in a world where no one really cares about how much effort you put to achieve success but are only concerned with whether or not you were able to be successful, self encouragement is inevitable. When you are the only one that sees that light at the end of the tunnel, though  it seems you aren't even sure if the light is still there because everyday brings new frustrations, heart aches and stress but you are the only one who can really believe in you especially when no one does. You are your only fan.      Some people on the other hand are lucky enough to be surrounded by those who trust in them even more than they trust in themselves, people that see the bigger picture, the hidden potential a